The root cause of today’s health crisis is how we train health professionals. We’re taking Buckminster Fuller’s advice and creating a new model to replace our current ineffective one – it’s called The Health Nerd Program.
Because its time to change the way we train health professionals. Current health education institutions teach disease management without first teaching health and its gotten us into trouble.
The internet has created a connected planet and it’s time for a digital, decentralized, global, science-based, affordable and education platform that can teach the next generation of health educators on how to help humans rediscover health.
Solving the worlds biggest problems (…and health is a really BIG problem right now) requires collective action. The Health Nerd program creates a platform that brings together a global community of health advocates to learn from and contribute to a constantly evolving curriculum. A curriculum that starts at the feet and covers every pillar of health to deliver a practical understanding of how to guide others back to optimal health.
A digital, science-based curriculum that evolves though decentralized knowledge contribution from our global community. An App that delivers free health education to anyone with internet access and offers the opportunity to connect with Health Nerds for 1:1 guidance and accountability during your journey back to health.
Summary of the program:
– Who can apply? Anyone who has the motivation to be part of a global tribe of humans looking to change the world of health. Being a health professional is favourable but not mandatory.
– Appox 200 hours of study (written/audio/video content and a practical movement practice)
– 3 projects, 30 minute final Skype exam
– Passing your final exam gets you listed as a Health Nerd graduate on TFC App and the opportunity to make income by teaching seminars/workshops
– Curriculum: 7 written modules, 3 textbooks (included in tuition), 15+ articles, 25+ podcasts, 10+ videos, online access to filmed TFC events
– Class of 2020: 150 people accepted (50 in February, June and October)
– Feb 2020 Tuition: $1,900 CAD (one time fee, includes lifetime access to the program curriculum as it continues to evolve)
Expanded program information:
Our shared mission: help people rediscover health
- Always seek and speak the truth
- Practice what you preach. BE the example
- Use the scientific method as your guide
- Create fun and don’t be afraid to be weird
- Embrace change
- Pursue a life of growth and learning
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Be humble
- Maintain your health so you are fit for service
- Be adventurous, creative and open minded
- Be radically accepting of others
- Seek continual improvement
We started the Health Nerd program with a focus on foot health but that was just the start. As the curriculum evolved, our growing community is took the same approach we did with feet to every other pillar of health. Our focus has expanded to now include the topics of sleep, food, movement, mental health and community – what we consider to be the 5 pillars of health.
With the right mindset and motivation to learn, anyone can become well informed about health as a whole. Our role as a community of health educators is to research, distill and translate the pillars of health into simple, actionable advice that people can use to empower themselves in reconnecting with health.
Our entire community still has a lot to learn. Books to read, new science to evaluate and a body you can constantly learn from. Together we form a learning machine able to consume the latest knowledge and contribute back to the curriculum in order to keep our community informed.
Opportunity to earn income
Our goal at the HNP is to not only provide a learning platform but to then offer the opportunity to community members to earn income by teaching workshops and seminars and by connecting with people through TFC Connect for 1 on 1 coaching and guidance.
As a meritocracy, those who contribute the most will be given the best opportunities to travel, teach and create amazing health education experiences with the support of TFC.
Included in tuition
- Lifetime access to the online curriculum as it evolves
- Student and graduate packs** (These packs include mandatory textbooks, equipment to use for projects and TFC accessories that can be given away or sold)
**$100 is removed from your initial tuition payment and is paid when you order each pack ($50 each)
Student pack contents:
24” [classic] beam
Copy of New Old Way by Frank Forencich
Copy of Move Your DNA by Katy Bowman
Copy of Simple Steps to Foot Pain Relief by Katy Bowman
5 pack of toe spreaders
3 pack of Foot Restoration Kits
Graduate pack contents:
24” Personalized engraved maple [Nerd] beam
10 pack of Wild Toes
3 pack of Foot Restoration Kits
Passing your exam and graduating from the program:
- Graduate pack sent
- Profile creation on the global Health Nerd registry through TFC App
- Health Nerd product discounts
- Free attendance to all TFC workshops and seminars
- Coaching from faculty and instructors on delivering education events
- Invitation to teach at TFC events and to instructor development camps, nerd meet ups
Tuition allocation budget (updated October 28)
30 % Faculty pay
17.5 % Student and graduate packs
17 % Overhead
15 % Support staff pay
8 % TFC App (switched to Campus 1 once TFC App begins generating revenue)
7.5 % Research
5 % Nerd meetups
Feb 2020 tuition: $1,900 CAD (Approx $1,455 USD based on Oct 28 prime exchange rates)
Your ideal life
Few people spend time to think about what their ideal life looks like and the first step to achieving your dream life is determining what that actually means. For many it includes meaningful work, meaningful relationships, a healthy work/life balance and earning a living doing something that you love and gives a deeper reward than money. Living an intentional, purposeful life that you are in control of.
This life will change as you change and that is exactly what should happen. Our goal with Health Nerd program selections is to attract a community of humans that find purpose in helping others reconnect with health. We aim to provide the best education possible and then offer the opportunity to make a living doing what you love.
Becoming a member of this community gives you the full support of the HNP and we promise to do our best to inspire you, help you grow and give you opportunities based on your goals in order to pursue a life filled with purpose, happiness and whatever elements you personally find important.
In order to live your ideal life you first need to plan out what matters to you. The faculty team is not only here to support you academically but also to help you figure out what an ideal life really means to you. Your vision will change, the realization of that vision will be a constant work in progress and we are here to help you get there by creating a plan.
For admissions we use a two stage application process to determine the best candidates:
Step 1: Email application: your opportunity to explain why you want to be a Health Nerd and what makes you a good candidate
Step 2: Video submission: Your chance to convince the HNP admissions panel you should be chosen for the program with a 3 minute video sent via a youtube link. There are no rules or guidelines for the video apart from a 3 minute time limit. Video submissions are your opportunity to convince us you are Health Nerd material and will be a good fit for the global community.
Selection criteria (from most to least important)
- Culture fit
- Communication skills
- Currently work with patients/clients
- Creativity of application
- Attended a TFC education (in person or digital)
- Social media presence (type of content, authenticity, reach)
- Formal education credentials
Joining the Community
All Health Nerd program applications are submitted digitally through TFC App.
Day of the month (Jan, May, Sept) *Midnight EST deadline
7 Application submission deadline
14 Admissions, waitlist and post-dated admission selections made
21 Admission offer acceptance deadline for first round selections
22 Waitlist admissions notified
28 Admission acceptance and tuition payment deadline for waitlist admissions
First day of admission group month: Student package shipping invoices sent to newly admitted community members
Click HERE to download TFC App and submit your application
Nick St Louis, Chief Health Nerd